The secret movements of turtles.

IMG_4577

Trails

IMG_4243

Shadow.

IMG_4452

Tilt.


IMG_4151

Rest.

IMG_4295

Nesting. 


IMG_4246

Fin.

IMG_4218

Crawl.

IMG_4326

And into the sunset.

As an unapologetic animal planet nerd, I can now consider myself an extremely lucky creature for having been able to witness this. The Olive Ridley turtles that migrate and nest on the eastern coast here have eluded me this past one year, but this second trip was the most peace I've had in ages. The beach is pristine, the sky magnificent, the turtles beautiful and gentle, and just sitting there through early morning and late evening surrounded by hundreds of them nesting all around, it's something else altogether. My writing skills have deteriorated to a point of no return so I really can't explain this but you can't say I didn't try.

And kill me with fire if I don't go back for the hatching of the eggs.

Gokharkuda, Orissa, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment